ASK THE EXPERTS
- How does Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream target the Sun Tan problem?Fair and Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream works like a face polish treatment, which often used to treat sun tanning.
- How does Fair & Lovely help remove spots?Fair and Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream works like a laser treatment that targets spots. The ingredients used in the product, target spots caused by concentration of melanin, this helps to lighten existing spots and prevent new spots and marks from appearing.
- How will Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream help remove my dark circles?Fair and Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin’s new formulation contains powerful antioxidants, Vitamin E and Vitamin C known to reduce free radical damage to skin and have been clinically proven to effectively reduce dark circles.
- How does Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream help prevent dullness?Like a face peel treatment, which targets dullness through removal of dead skin cells Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin targets dullness from within. The active Vitamin B3 is known to stimulate skin cell turnover and promote new skin regeneration for glowing skin, as agreed by 89%* women that the cream reduced the dullness on their skin.
*Based on a 4 weeks consumer study, 2010
- How long do I need to use the cream to see results?Fair & Lovely should be used twice a day everyday (post cleansing with Fair & Lovely Face Wash) for best results. While individual results may vary, studies have shown that consumers can see real fairness benefits starting from the very first week of use. In addition, Fair & Lovely also gives an instant lift to your look. The formulation contains “white optics” which brightens the skin, giving an instant glow on application. From our consumer study, 9 out of 10# women experienced treatment like fairness from the very first use.
#Based on consumer study, 2011
1. Within epidermis.
2. ‘Fairness treatments’ refers to treatments in the cosmetic domain.
3. Results not equal to clinical/ invasive treatments.
4. Cosmetically targets the same flaws as above treatment.
- How often do I need to use the cream for it to be effective?It is recommended that Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream be used twice daily – once in morning and once in evening after cleansing your face. For best results use Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin Face Wash to clean your face before application of Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream.
- I have no skin problems for which I need treatment. Can I still use Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream?Yes. Besides treating skin’s existing fairness blockers, the Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream can serve as everyday use skin care cream to improve skin texture and condition as well as help prevent fairness problems from coming out in the future. Also, the outer layer of skin is most affected by the sun’s rays and thus gets tanned every day. Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream helps prevents tanning and maintains your current skin condition.
- I have been using Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream for a week and haven’t seen any results. What do I do?While individual results may vary, generally, it’s the irregular or improper use (without proper cleansing) of the product which can affect the benefit. Improper skin care including excess exposure to sun, use of harsh products or stress can affect fairness delivery. Also sometimes some skin types do not respond to certain active systems, though generally this percentage is extremely low. All this can lead to less or no delivery, hence you’re advised to continuously use the cream as recommended for at least 4 weeks and adopt a healthy diet and living style to see maximum results.
- How will I know the Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream is working?Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin’s formula combines ingredients that have an immediate impact on skin appearance as well as work over the longer term to lighten skin. You can yourself measure the results using the ‘expert fairness meter’ on the pack.
- What does “treatment like fairness” mean?Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin is inspired by the treatments offered by experts. Based on the sound scientific understanding of the problems addressed and solutions provided by expert treatments this products targets key fairness problems like expert treatments do with targeted action on marks, suntan, darkness, dark circles and dullness.
- Do you have any studies to support the advertisement that claims Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin’s efficiency to dermatological procedures?The origin of every Unilever skin product is based on deep consumer understandings combined with a world class research in skin & pigment biology, measurement science, and clinical science. Every claim that our products make is substantiated through a wide palette of testing methodologies including highly controlled human volunteer studies carried out under supervision of a team of expert dermatologists and other skin experts. Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin targets the key fairness problems like marks, sun tan, skin darkening, dark circles and dullness. The product addresses the above mentioned 5 common fairness needs addressed by cosmetic skin treatments. Fair & Lovely has been clinically tested and endorsed by multiple internationally renowned dermatologists to ensure its efficacy. In addition, this product has also been “dermatologically accredited” by the Skin Health Alliance (UK). It is well known that spots on skin are caused by concentration of melanin, the dark pigment in the skin. While lasers work at the root of the problem and destroy the melanin to lighten spots, Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin contains Niacinamide and Sodium Ascorbyl phosphate that works on melanin from the source and prevents it from coming to the surface as a spot. Thus lasers & actives in Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin precisely target the same skin flaw i.e., spots. This claim is supported by a clinical study endorsed by a dermatologist.
- Does Fair & Lovely actually give the results of a treatment?Our product delivers perceivable skin lightening and helps address other skin issues such as sun related darkening, uneven skin tone, under eye dark circles, dullness, and spots, which are all deterrent to perceiving fairness. The new Fair & Lovely has been evaluated in clinical and consumer tests for the claimed benefits with excellent results that have been certified and endorsed by internationally renowned dermatologists as well as by consumers themselves. It is these extensive and thorough tests that give Unilever the confidence that we indeed have a superior technology that delivers on all consumer relevant benefits of Treatment like Fairness. 4 out of 5# women agree that New Fair & Lovely gives Skin Expert like fairness.
#Based on consumer study, 2011
1. Within epidermis
2. ‘Fairness treatments’ refers to treatments in the cosmetic domain.
3. Results not equal to clinical/ invasive treatments.
4. Cosmetically targets the same flaws as above treatment
- Why should I use MEN specific products?Men’skin is different from women’s skin- it is thicker than women’s skin and men have larger pores with more oil glands which leads to more oily skin and acne as compared to women. Due to constant shaving men’s skin, also over the longer term, becomes more dull and dark. Therefore men need products designed especially for men’s tough skin.
- Will Fair & Lovely MEN Fairness cream make my face oily and sticky?Fair & Lovely Men’s non-oily light-weight formula is absorbed quickly into the skin leaving no sticky oily residue on the face.
- How is Fair & Lovely MEN Max Fairness Face Wash different from using a soap to wash my face?Soap dries out the skin leaving the skin looking dry and dull, whereas Fair & Lovely MEN Max Fairness Face Wash not only sucks out deep rooted impurities like pollution and dirt, but also makes the skin feel smooth and moisturized.
- How does charcoal help in oil control and dirt removal?The Activated Charcoal ingredient acts like a powerful “MAGNET” on the skin to suck out and remove excess oil, dirt and impurities. Activated Charcoal is also widely known for its ability to effectively cleanse the skin and to remove deeper impurities and dead skin cells.
- I have oily skin which product should I use?Fair & Lovely MEN MAX Oil Control is a face wash designed especially for men who have oily skin. This face wash sucks out excess oil to give you a fair and oil-free look for longer.
- Is it okay to use the cream more than once a day?Yes, it is in fact recommended to use twice a day for best results.
- Is the new Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream mild on skin?Yes. Unilever technology does not use any kind of harsh skin bleaches or harmful chemicals like hydroquinone, steroids, bleach and mercury. Our new formulation targets the 5 key skin problems like a fairness treatment without any of the harsh side effects of invasive treatments.
- Is Fair & Lovely safe?Yes, all Fair & Lovely products are safe to use for all adults with normal skin. Assuring the safety of our products for our consumers worldwide is a key priority for Unilever. Unilever has an extremely robust internal safety testing system where all the products are reviewed by a team of safety experts. This ensures that all Unilever’s products are of the highest standard of safety. All ingredients in Fair & Lovely’s products are compliant to existing cosmetic standards. All products are tested through a number of consumer and clinical trials to ensure the safety and efficacy.
- Does this cream have bleach?No. None of the Unilever skin lightening creams use any harmful bleaching ingredients.
- Does the Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream have any side effects?No, as an everyday use cosmetic, Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin is not known to have any adverse side effects. This is based on not only the use of internationally approved cosmetic ingredients but also extensive consumer and dermatologist conducted clinical evaluations.
- What kind of dermatologist endorsement does Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream have?This cream was clinically tested and endorsed by multiple internationally renowned dermatologists in India and Thailand to ensure its “treatment like” efficacy in the areas of skin lightening, anti-sun tan, anti-dullness, lightening of spots and reduction of dark circles. The product has also been tested in various labs in Australia, UK, Asia, etc. for its safety and sun/tan protection ability. In addition, this product has also been “dermatologically accredited” by the Skin Health Alliance (UK).
- Has Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream been dermatologically tested on sensitive and acne prone skin?Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin has been extensively tested with wide range of consumers in use-tests as well as highly controlled human volunteer studies carried out under supervision of a team of expert dermatologists and other skin experts. These tests clearly showed the product did not cause either any adverse effect. Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin has been clinically tested and is non-comedogenic. For consumers with self-perceived sensitive skin, we market Fair & Lovely Ayurveda Care. In case of consumers seeking advice on acne, we recommend them to seek advice from dermatologists.
- After using Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin cream for just two days I have got pimples. What do I do?The safety of our products has been proven and it is highly unlikely to cause any problems such as pimples, rashes, etc. However, in case of any unlikely discomfort like irritation or pimples after use of this product, please discontinue usage and consult your doctor.
- Does Fair & Lovely Multi Vitamin cream have pig fat or tallow or any animal source ingredients in the product?None of the Fair & Lovely products contain any animal fat or use ingredients which are animal derived (ingredients from bovine, ovine, porcine and caprine origin i.e. from cows, sheep, pig and goats). All the ingredients used in Fair & Lovely products are of vegetable or synthetic origin. Unilever is committed to providing branded products which consistently offer value in terms of price and quality, and which are safe for their intended use. All our company operations are in compliance with the laws and regulations of the countries in which we operate.
- What is SPF of your product?Typically as an industry wide practice sunscreen products would declare SPF as they promise consumers the core benefit of sun protection. Fair & Lovely Advanced Multi Vitamin is a skin lightening product. The product contains a mix of UVA and UVB sunscreens and Vitamin E which prevent sun tan while cosmetic ingredients like Hydroxystearic acid and Vitamin B3 stimulate skin cell turnover – gently easing away the outer layers that are tanned by the sun and promoting skin renewal. Thus it has a combination of fairness and skin renewal promoting ingredients like Vitamin B3, Pro vitamin B6 and 12 Hydroxystearicacid, so our consumers immediately see evenness in skin tone. The product is consumer validated and dermatologist tested and proven for its skin lightening efficacy.
- What are the main ingredients?Fair & Lovely contains a synergistic combination of extensively researched, safe & internationally approved cosmetic ingredients such as: Fairness and skin benefit actives Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) and Vitamin B6 work synergistically to lighten skin and spots and stimulate skin renewal. Other skin benefit actives and powerful antioxidants (Glycerin, Allantoin, Provit C and Provit E) which soothe the skin, improve skin texture, Lighten dark circles and provide antioxidant benefits. Triple sunscreens (Parsol MCX, Parsol 1789 & TiO2), protects against UVA and UVB rays (including UVAI and UVAII), preventing skin darkening and tanning. White optics for instant brightening and natural glow.
- Does Fair & Lovely cream have mercury?Fair & Lovely Advanced Multivitamin Fairness Cream does not contain added mercury. If found it is present due to water as base product which is less than 1ppm which is also the PSQCA standard (PS: 3228). It has been officially certified as ‘safe to use’ by Skin Health Alliance, UK. Also through independent research units, it has been found that Fair & Lovely is free of mercury.
- Why is mercury dangerous for the skin? or How can you say mercury is dangerous for the skin?The inorganic form of mercury found in skin lightening creams and soaps could cause skin rashes, discoloration, scarring and kidney damage. It also causes a reduction in the skin’s resistance to bacterial and fungal infections, which could lead to fatal diseases. It can interfere with the development of the brain in unborn children and very young children.
- What amount of mercury is harmful for the skin?Anything more than 1PPM (Particle per Million) is harmful to your health as per PSQCA standard (PS: 3228). Fair & Lovely adheres to the standards and certified as “Safe to Use” by Skin Health Alliance London.
- What is the credibility of SHA (Skin Health Alliance)?The Skin Health Alliance (SHA) is the leading international skin health authority based out of London. It is working closely with dermatologists, researchers, and skin scientists to ensure consumers gets healthy skin solutions. They award professional accreditation to companies, services and brands seeking specialist independent dermatological recognition for their product research.
- What is mercury poisoning?Mercury is a type of toxic poisoning caused by exposure. It produces toxity or death with less than a gram. It is an active ingredient found in some formula creams which if used for long period of time, can have serious health consequences such as severe skin damage, kidney damage, cancer and interference with the development of the brain in unborn children and very young children.